Home Guide to Australian Business Records
Corporate entry

Home | Browse | Search | Previous | Next

Bagot, Shakes & Lewis Ltd (1888 - 1925)

Related EntitiesArchival Resources
Location: South Australia

Established in Kapunda South Australia by Edward Meade Bagot in 1860. In 1870 the firm of E M Bagot was merged with that of James Shakes and John Lewis, to form Bagot Shakes & Lewis. The business was registered as a limited company in South Australia in 1888. In 1924 the business was acquired by Goldsbrough Mort & Co to carry on their Adelaide operations.

 
Sources used to compile this entry: Original data from D. Terwiel, S. P. Ville and G. A. Fleming, Australian Business Records: An Archival Guide, Canberra : Australian National University, Faculty of Economics and Commerce, Dept. of Economic History, 1998.
Related Entities for Bagot, Shakes & Lewis Ltd

Previous and Subsequent Entities

 1888 - 1925 Bagot, Shakes & Lewis Ltd
       1888 - 1963 Goldsbrough Mort & Co Ltd
             1963 - 1982 Elder Smith Goldsbrough Mort Ltd
                   1982 - 1990 Elders IXL Ltd

Top of Page

Google
Structure based on ISAAR(CPF) - click here for an explanation of the fields.Prepared by: Bruce A. Smith
Created: 1 December 1999
Modified: 6 May 2005

Published by Archive Research Consultancy, 1999-2006
Submit any comments, questions, corrections and additions
Updated: 3 December 2006
http://www.gabr.net.au/biogs/ABE0023b.htm

[ Top of page | Guide to Australian Business Records Home | Browse | Search ]