Established in 1895 by David and Edward David as a small family iron foundry in Wollongong, New South Wales. In 1935 the family business became a public company with a share issue of £15,000. The issue was increased to £50,000 in 1962. The company owned much of its success to the development of the steel industry at Port Kembla, New South Wales, and became a major supplier of castings to Australian Iron and Steel. During the decade prior to 1967 the company's annual turnover was in the vicinity of £500,000. However, due to difficulties associated with the New South Wales Clean Air At, 1961, which necessitated the installation of expensive emission control equipment, the company went into decline after 1967. A liquidator was appointed in October 1967 and the company ceased operations two weeks later.