Home Guide to Australian Business Records
Corporate entry

Home | Browse | Search | Previous | Next

Ellis Caterers Limited (1914 - 1952)

Archival Resources

The Ellis Caterers Ltd organisation was registered in South Australia in 1914 as bakers, pastry cooks, caterers, fruiterers and confectioners. The office and factory was at 120 Gouger Street, Adelaide, with a restaurant Covent Gardens at 50 (later 68) King William Street, the Arcadia Cafe in Bowman's Buildings, King William Street, the Maple Leaf Cafe at 21 Rundle Street and two others in the central business district. The Covent Gardens premises was burnt in 1948 when five people died. The Ellis Cafes ceased trading in 1952.


Google
Structure based on ISAAR(CPF) - click here for an explanation of the fields.Prepared by: Bruce A. Smith
Created: 30 March 2001
Modified: 25 September 2001

Published by Archive Research Consultancy, 1999-2006
Submit any comments, questions, corrections and additions
Updated: 3 December 2006
http://www.gabr.net.au/biogs/ABE0563b.htm

[ Top of page | Guide to Australian Business Records Home | Browse | Search ]