Home Guide to Australian Business Records
Corporate entry

Home | Browse | Search | Previous | Next

Australian Mortgage Land and Finance Company Ltd (1863 - 1910)

Related EntitiesArchival ResourcesPublished Resources

Registered in England in 1863, the first Australian Office being opened in Brisbane (as Central Northern Queensland Land Company). The Queensland operations proving unsuccessful, the business was moved to Melbourne with the purchase of Ronald Gibbs & Co in 1865. The Brisbane branch was reopened in 1903, and a Townsville Branch in 1924 (to 1934). The Company’s name was changed in 1910 to Australian Mercantile Land & Finance Co Ltd.

Related Entities for Australian Mortgage Land and Finance Company Ltd

Previous and Subsequent Entities

 1863 - 1910 Australian Mortgage Land and Finance Company Ltd
       1910 - Australian Mercantile Land & Finance Co Ltd

Director(s)

Top of Page

Google
Structure based on ISAAR(CPF) - click here for an explanation of the fields.Prepared by: Bruce A. Smith
Created: 25 September 2001
Modified: 18 July 2005

Published by Archive Research Consultancy, 1999-2006
Submit any comments, questions, corrections and additions
Updated: 3 December 2006
http://www.gabr.net.au/biogs/ABE0602b.htm

[ Top of page | Guide to Australian Business Records Home | Browse | Search ]